How can you help?
There are a variety of ways to support local foster children and their families. Not everyone is called to foster or adopt, but we can all do something. Fostering Connections helps interested individuals, families, and churches connect to those in need, showing them how to use their time, skills, or resources to bless a child in care.
Share your time:
- Be a prayer partner for Fostering Connections- Prayer is powerful as we work to show the love of Christ and spread the message of hope to these children who have experienced so much trauma.
- Be a volunteer at one of our monthly Fostering Connections events. We are looking for volunteers to help with childcare, snacks, crafts, check in, or clean up. We welcome you and your friends/family/ co-workers to be a part of our volunteer team. Fostering Connections hosts special events designed to strengthen the relationships within the family, and we cannot do this without amazing volunteers.
Share your talent:
- Share your skills or abilities with us! Do you have a special skill or God given gift that can help serve this population? Are you willing to write notes to Seniors who are headed off to college and don’t really have a family to “come home to.” Do you have a certain talent and would love to share at one of our events? Never underestimate throwing a football, juggling, or painting finger nails!
- Make a VIP bag for a child or for children that come into care. Bags can be made at any time throughout the year, and you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up or appropriate location for drop off. See our VIP bag information on our website to learn how to pack a box.
- Organize or help with a fundraiser. We are looking for ways to bring positive promotion to Fostering Connections throughout the year. Please let us know if you have an idea for partnership through an event or fundraiser.
Share your treasure:
- Donate new toys, books, or gifts for teens to support our VIP Birthday program and Christmas for Kids program.
- Share your financial resources to help fund our programs. Donations made to Fostering Connections will enable our organization to provide quality, faith-based support to the families and children that desperately need it. Financial support will also be used towards operational costs of the organization including marketing materials, website development, advertising, and other necessary expenses. All money donated will be used to help support children in our community.